ThorntonWeather.com continues its drive to be your one stop shop for everything and anything related to the weather in Thornton, Denver and Colorado. After completing a major site redesign recently, we added a number of new features to the site this past weekend. Among them:
- A new Severe Weather section! We have incorporated a suite of data from the National Weather Service’s Storm Prediction Center. The information will provide a wealth of information on the potential for severe weather, particularly during severe storm season. Special thanks to Michael at Relay Weather in Baltimore, Maryland for sharing the coding that allows this. You can access the information from the Severe Weather menu item on the left.
- An Outdoor Activities Forecast from the National Weather Service. These provide a brief, quick look at the weather for those planning outdoor recreation today and in the coming days. You can access it from the Forecasts menu on the left.
- A Colorado Road Conditions report from the Colorado Department of Transportation. These are updated every three hours and provide a look at current road conditions across the Front Range and the entire state.
- A Statewide City Forecast. Now you can view forecasts at a glance for other Colorado cities including Burlington, Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Alamosa, Craig, Grand Junction, and Durango. The forecast is available from the Forecasts menu on the left.
- We now have a Tropical and Hurricane Activity page with data directly from the National Hurricane Center. You can access it from the Severe Weather menu on the left.
If you have any questions or comments about these new features – or suggestions for new ones you would like to see – feel free to leave a comment below or contact us directly.